Our local CAP agency is full of resources for families and family child care providers! Click HERE to visit their website!
One of our favorite services is their Lending Kits! Each kit is designed and created for child care providers to use with young children. Here are some of the lending kit themes available:
- Dr. Seuss
- Special Needs Diversity
- Multicultural Awareness
- Solar System
- Wild Animals
- Favorite Books & Characters
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Dramatic Play Dress Up
To request or reserve a lending kit, contact Tammy Thomason at 612-850-5097 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requested kits can be picked up and returned at the CAP Agency office at 712 Canterbury Road, Shakopee MN 55379 between the hours of 8:30-4:30, Monday- Friday with prior notice to Child Care Aware Staff.
- Kits can be borrowed from 2 weeks-1 month at a time and we do not request a deposit upon lending the kits nor will we charge for broken or missing items.
- We ask that you care for the materials as if they were your own and note if something breaks or needs to be thrown away.
- A checklist of materials will be included with each theme kit. We ask that you complete the checklist before returning the lending kit to us.
- 3 licensing hours will be given upon the use of the Multicultural Awareness and Special Needs Diversity kits. Pre and post test must be completed to receive the licensing hours. Certificate will be mailed to you from your licensor.