Family Child Care Pathways to Success
Sponsored by the Scott County Licensed Family Child Care Association
Family Child Care Pathways to Success is an 8-week course designed to help new (or newer) providers better understand the field of family child care.
- This course is offered twice a year. Pick your session!: Spring Session (January- April) on Tuesday evenings & Fall Session (September – November) on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. 2 Hours Per Week
- Location: Shakopee Public Library
- Time: 7-9pm
- COST: $40.00 for 8 classes (includes a CD-rom of resources & handouts) or $65.00 for 8 class (includes CD-rom of resources AND a 3-ring binder with handouts printed for you)…
- A GREAT VALUE! You’ll receive 16 hours of training for only $5 per class!
- Questions? Call Deloris: (952) 492-3827
Online Registration is available!
A Quick Glance of some of the course content:
- The Business of Family Child Care – Part I What Qualifies for a Deduction? How to Get Organized to Keep Records, Time-Space Formula Income: Client Fees and CACFP
- The Business of Family Child Care – Part II Record Keeping & Taxes How to Determine Parent Fees, Software for Recordkeeping
- Health, Safety and Nutrition – Sanitation and Hand washing, Communicable Diseases, Immunizations and Medications, Making the Child Care Safe and Fun
- Communication: Building Parent Provider Partnerships Contracts and Policies, Interviews, Special Needs—Legal Requirements
- Environments and Marketing Integrating Family and the FCC Business, Toys and Equipment, Storage & Space: Child Care & Personal, Marketing Tips: How to Sell Your Environment
- Child Growth and Development & Curriculum – Typical Developmental Milestones, Understanding How Children Learn, Areas of Learning Curriculum
- Child Guidance – Age Appropriate Behavior Skills That Correspond with Modifying Behavior for: Infants, Toddlers, Pre-Schoolers, School-Age Children
- Professional Pathways to Success – Parent Aware, Networking and Links, MN Industry Trends, Career Paths, Writing Grants
- Risk Reduction—Liability, Accident Reduction and Safety, Understanding Rule II, Legal Resources, Liability Insurance, Defense Strategies Against Allegations, Americans with Disabilities Act
Spring Session begins lateJanuary 2020. Spring Dates: January 28 February 4, 11, 18, 25 March 3, 10, 17
Questions? Call Deloris: (952) 492-3827