FOR: Newly Licensed Providers
SPONSORED BY: The Scott County Licensed Family Child Care Association
This class is limited to the first 20 Providers and will help you get started in the profession of Licensed Family Child Care:
What do you do when one child bites another?
Do you know how to meet the needs of a 12 month old child and a 9 year-old in the same child care?
Do you want to know how to access funding for your child care?
Do you know what Parent Aware is?
What are my rights as family child care provider?
Do you wish you had someone to talk to about anything related to
child care that truly understood what you are experiencing?
Do you know what the Emergency Preparedness Plan is?
If you are wondering about the answers to any of these questions or others, THEN THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!!!!!
- 8 weeks of training, 2 hours per week on Tuesday evenings (7pm-9pm)
- Dates are January 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26 and March 5, 12, and 19
- A minimal amount of hands-on-homework related to your child care business
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- 16-hours of certified training (meets training requirements of grants)
- The following downloadable books and resources to keep:
Heartland Family Child Care Handbook downloadable from Iowa State University AND
Resources & weekly handouts on a CD
Heartland Family Child Care Handbook downloadable from Iowa State University, a CD with extra
resources AND 3-Ring binder of handouts and some printed resources at an additional cost of $25.00
- A hanging file system for keeping hard copies of your finances and business information
- A mentor for 8 weeks or more
- Networking with 15-20 new providers and 4-6 family child care trainers
- An opportunity to purchase at cost all books by Tom Copeland (Redleaf Press) A 25% Savings
TRAINERS: Scott County Family Child Care Providers & a Curriculum Writer
Family Child Care Spring 2019 Pathways
January 29, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Venue: Shakopee Junior High West