FOR: Newly Licensed Providers
SPONSORED BY: The Scott County Licensed Family Child Care Association
This class is limited to the first 20 Providers and will help you get started in the profession of Licensed Family Child Care:
What do you do when one child bites another?
Do you know how to meet the needs of a 12 month old child and a 9 year-old in the same child care?
Do you want to know how to access funding for your child care?
Do you know what Parent Aware is?
What are my rights as family child care provider?
Do you wish you had someone to talk to about anything related to
child care that truly understood what you are experiencing?
Do you know what the Emergency Preparedness Plan is?
If you are wondering about the answers to any of these questions or others, THEN THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!!!!!
- 8 weeks of training, 2 hours per week (6:30pm-8:30pm)
- Dates are Mondays October 3, 17, 24, Thursdays November 3, 17, Tuesday November 22. Online class the week of Monday October 31 date to be determined and November 10.
- A minimal amount of hands-on-homework related to your child care business
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- 16-hours of certified training (meets training requirements of grants)
- A hanging file system for keeping hard copies of your finances and business information if you desire
- A mentor or instructor consultation for 8 weeks or more
- Networking with 10-15 new providers and 2-3 family child care trainers
- An opportunity to get copies of books by Tom Copeland (Redleaf Press) A 25% Savings
Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide
Family Child Care Inventory Keeper
2022 Redleaf Calendar Keeper
Family Child Care Marketing Guide
Family Child Care Contracts & Policies
Family Child Care Legal & Insurance Guide
TRAINERS: Scott County Family Child Care Providers & a Curriculum Writer
Family Child Care Spring 2022 Pathways
October 3, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: Shakopee Police Department- Training and Development Room